Starport Technologies Careers
We currently have the following positions available:
Click the tabs below to see our position descriptions.
Narrow Web Flexographic Press Operator
Please send resumes and questions to: Chris Brotzman @ email@example.com
Starport Technologies is located in Kansas City, MO and is seeking an experienced Narrow Web Flexographic Press Operator. The right candidate will have 2+ years of experience as a press operator, possess a positive attitude and be well organized & dependable.
Hours – 4:00 PM to 2:30AM Monday-Thursday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs typical press operations to support production department.
- Review job ticket and work with Press Helper to ensure job is set up properly on the press per required specifications and job notes (ink, dies, stock, plates).
- Run the job setup on the press and log data related to the job setup in the system.
- Run the job per specifications and log when completed, noting material used, etc.
- While running the press, review printed rolls for quality and consistency related to all aspects of the labels including color registration and die cut.
- Following completion of the job, move finished roll to finishing department and breakdown and clean machine in preparation for the next job.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager regarding any issues with the labels and dies.
- Ensure proper data collection for each job, including job notes on material and time variance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the press along with the Press Helper and Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and machines in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed company policies and safety regulations.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and participate in training when offered or needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance