How to use NFC
- On your Android device, tap on “Settings.”
- Select “Connected devices.”
- Select “Connection preferences.”
- You should see “NFC” and “Android Beam” options.
- Turn both of them on.
The iPhone XS and XR are the first iPhones with ‘background tag scanning’ native support for reading NFC tags. For these devices, simply hold the card near the phone while it is on and unlocked.
If your iPhone is older follow these steps:
- Download NFC for iPhone from the App Store. (download here)
- Open App & tap “Scan NDEF Tag”
Once you have finished the steps above, hold your device near the NFC tag and your device should pick up the information on the tag. If you have trouble, try holding the NFC tag around different point on your device, as NFC readers are located in different places on different devices.