With over 75 years of combined narrow web converting experience, the management team of Starport Technologies has engineered and assembled an RFID tag and label converting platform unique to the industry. Starport Technologies is an approved converter of Alien, Avery Dennison, and Raflatac RFID transponders.
Line 1 consists of a Omega 16” RFID converting platform. This unique converting platform was designed by, and manufactured by, ABGraphics Intl. The converting platform houses a multitude of unwind and rewind stations. The platform is equipped with dual-axis servo driven rotary die cutting stations. The servo controlled rotary die stations allow for precise registration to RFID inlay placement and printed graphics. The array of rewind and unwind stations allow for the introduction of varying webs of face materials and unique transfers adhesives. Another capability of the platform is the ability to convert (dry) non-pressure sensitive inlays into individually die cut (wet) pressure sensitive inlays.
Line 2 consists of a six color 13.00” Mark Andy 2200 flexo press. The press is integrated with a Tamarack P500 RFID unit. The P500’s width is equal to the Mark Andy, allowing for 13.00” wide RFID dry inlay insertion. The new line is equipped with high efficiency hot air drying and UV curing, laminating station, three in-line rotary die cutting stations, and two auxiliary unwinds. These numerous capabilities have created the ideal converting platform for multi-color printed complex laminated structures for labels, tags and tickets.
Starport Technologies has the ability to combine various face materials, adhesives, RFID transponders, printing, and other specialty coated web materials allowing for a unique combination of materials being converted into a single pass through the converting platform. This unique converting capability allows for the Starport Technologies to offer a wide range of RFID products and other types of smart labels for numerous functional purposes.
To support the Nilpeter converting platform the list below is the equipment and components that are used in quality control and finishing:
- Rotoflex editing rewinder
- Lederle rewinder
- Symbol UHF fixed reader
- Samsys UHF fixed reader
- Symbol general purpose antenna
- Symbol high performance antenna
- Dynatec adhesion application system
- EFD ValueMate fluid output controller
- EFD stainless steel precision low volume spray valves
- Denver Instrument PH meter
Buskro BK730 Tabber
- Apply tabs and labels up to 7” (178mm) long
- Super-fast, easy setup and changeover allow for quick transitions between jobs
- Automatic controls eliminate guesswork and enhance consistency from piece to piece
- Can apply up to 50,000 tabs per hour based on a ¾” tab
- Peel off and scratch off label applications are available
- Maximum sing sheet thickness of 0.625”